Australian Bespoke Collective have wrapped up a big year of recognition for its three destinations, The Reef House in Tropical North Queensland and Sequoia Lodge and Mount Lofty House in South Australia.
The three unique destinations have again earned themselves a suite of awards this year, with The Reef House and Sequoia Lodge completing the year winning best luxury accommodation in their respective State Tourism Awards this month.
Local owners David Horbelt and Malcolm Bean, have spent 16 years curating the portfolio to deliver truly unique service and experience destinations that guests choose to return to year after year.
“We’re delighted to take out these awards, especially to have all three properties recognised by both the industry and by our guests, it’s incredibly rewarding,” said David.
“These awards really are result of our commitment to delivering the best service and experiences in Australia, and the passion and dedication of our incredible teams.”
Malcolm Bean said the product and service offering across the Australian Bespoke Collective destinations have been matured and refined over the years, and complimented by elevated service experience.
“Our aim has been to offer guests the best personalised customer service in Australia. Our destinations offer old time service, not seen since the heyday of Raffles, with complimentary signature inclusions in each stay supported by roles such as Luxury Concierge, Estate Butler, Pool Butler and an Escape Planning Department to deliver truly remarkable guest relationships, experiences and memories to return to time and again,” said Malcolm.
“This coupled with our unique destinations and historic properties means guests enjoy the ultimate Australian escape, and our high levels of return visitation is testament to that.”
David and Malcolm established Australian Bespoke Collective to represent destinations offering something completely remarkable in Australia. Reef House, Sequoia Lodge and Mount Lofty House are not so much hotels but service and experience destinations that guests actively chose to return to.
Each are built on luxury offerings, culinary adventures, nature and wellness experiences and coupled with a culture of excellence and personalised service from in house teams and local private ownership and management which results in truly memorable escapes for all guests.
“Our destinations all have unique personalities, with Reef House offering adults-only bespoke tropical escapes with 21 complimentary inclusions and our new sleep easy program introduced this year which leaves our guests feeling completely rested and rejuvenated,” added Malcolm.
“Sequoia Lodge, also adults-only, offers our guests the ultimate luxury setting ensconced in nature and sitting atop of Adelaide’s Mount Lofty, or as we like to call it, Koala Mountain. With its exclusive onsite and offsite experiences, Sequoia offers our guests an intimate journey of discovery with some of South Australia’s finest experiences.
“And on the same 30-acre setting, our iconic designer Mount Lofty House, offering rooms and cottages with historical charm and indulgent luxury, and home to the three-hatted Hardy’s Verandah Restaurant, with South Australia’s finest produce celebrated in every dish.”
Australian Bespoke Collective received he following awards in 2023:
The Reef House & Spa – Adults Only Bespoke Relaxation Escapes
- Queensland Tourism Awards – Queensland’s Best Five Star Luxury Accommodation (Nov 2023) *second year in a row
- TTNQ (Tropical Tourism North Queensland) – Customer Service Excellence Award – Cedric Lootvoet, Luxury Concierge, The Reef House
- Trip Advisor – #2 in the Top Hotels in Australia and The South Pacific and #2 in the Luxury Hotels in Australia and The South Pacific (May 2023)
Sequoia Lodge – Exclusive Adults Only Luxury Lodge
- South Australian Tourism Awards – Best Luxury Accommodation (Nov 2023)
- Australian Hotel Association SA Awards – Best luxury Accommodation (Nov 2023)
- HM Awards – Australian Lodge of The Year (Nov 2023)
- Trip Advisor’s Traveller’s Choice Award – Sequoia Lodge (May 2023)
Mount Lofty House Estate & Spa – Iconic Adelaide Hills Luxury Escapes
- Australian Hotel Association SA Awards- Best Overall Hotel (Nov 2023)
- Australian Hotel Association SA Awards Employee Excellence in Service – Chris Speck (Nov 2023)
- Trip Advisor – Mount Lofty House, #1 Luxury Hotel in Australia and the South Pacific (May 2023)
- Trip Advisor Mount Lofty House, #1 Small Hotel in Australia and The South Pacific (May 2023)
- ABIA Award for the Best Wedding Reception venue *6 years’ in a row
Last year, Mount Lofty House was also recognised as the 2022 Traveller’s Choice Best of the Best award winner for Top Hotels, ranking first in Australia and the South Pacific.