The Adelaide Hills Experience
Wildlife experiences Adelaide Hills
exclusive off-site experiences
Cleland Wildlife Park
In the early morning, Cleland Wildlife Park comes alive to the tune of many iconic Australian animals. This experience offers you the unique opportunity to venture inside Cleland Wildlife Park before it opens to the general public, on a 90-minute engaging adventure. Your experience begins from the moment you enter through the Cleland Conservation Park gates and commence the descent to the Cleland Wildlife Park entrance, passing through the canopy of historically significant stringy bark trees. A spectacular view of thick eucalyptus forest will follow you all the way to Cleland Wildlife Park, where your dedicated host will meet you upon arrival, and will accompany you throughout your experience.
Yellow-footed rock wallabies are normally a shy and elusive animal in the wild, however they love coming out from their rock homes to meet with guests at Cleland Wildlife Park. Whilst hand feeding and learning about this species, take in the panoramic view over the Adelaide Plains – from rolling hills to the Saint Vincent Gulf, the perfect photo opportunity.
Learn interesting facts about the history and future of the koala, fall in love with their thick soft grey fur and big black noses. At the end of your guided tour, spend 30 minutes to revisit your favourite place in the park, or take the opportunity to stroll and make yourself acquainted with some of the other residents of Cleland Wildlife Park.
* Subject to availability and pricing changes
HALF DAY EXPERIENCE
- Unique opportunity to venture inside Cleland Wildlife Park before it opens to the general public.
- Your dedicated host will meet you upon arrival, and will accompany you throughout your experience.
- Visit a very special group of koalas, rescued form the Kangaroo Island fires of 2019/2020.
- Meet and hand feed freely roaming kangaroos and emus as you walk.
- The highlight of this tour will culminate with spending one-on-one time with a koala in a private session with a koala keeper. Cuddle a koala with a souvenir photograph to be gifted to you as part of this special memory.
- Includes: intimate koala experience, private guide and return transfers
- Available: Daily
- Duration: 3 hours, meet in Sequoia lounge at 8:45am to depart at 8:50am in order to arrive at Cleland by 9am. Return at 11:30am.
- Cost: $898 per couple